Xiaomi has announced a new smartphone it calls the Redmi 9 Power. It’s similar to the Redmi 9 4G, which was announced a month ago in China, but this version sports an additional 2MP macro camera.
The Redmi 9 Power comes with a Snapdragon 662 chipset, has 4GB of RAM with either 64GB or 128GB of storage onboard, and runs on Android 10 with MIUI 12.
The phone sports a 6.53-inch FullHD+ display with a dewdrop notch housing the 8MP selfie camera. At the back, there’s a quad camera array consisting of a 48MP main shooter, 8MP ultrawide lens, 2MP depth sensor, and 2MP macro lens.
Keeping this phone powered is a big 6,000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
The Redmi 9 Power is initially available in India for INR 10,999 (~P7,000) for the 64GB variant and INR 11,999 (~P7,900) for the 128GB version. It comes in Blazing Blue, Electric Green, Fiery Red, and Might Black.
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Power specs:
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- 6.53-inch display with Gorilla Glass 3
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 662
- 4GB RAM
- 64/128GB storage
- Rear camera: 48MP (f/1.8) + 8MP (f/2.2) + 2MP (f/2.4) + 2MP (f/2.4)
- Front camera: 8MP (f/2.0)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Infrared, FM radio, USB-C, OTG
- 6,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging, 2.5W reverse charging
- Mighty Black, Fiery Red, Electric Green, Blazing Blue