The Volkswagen Santana GTS 180 MPI AT is the wagon version of the Santana sedan. While it possesses the practicality of the sedan sibling, the wagon make also steps up in accouterments and interior space. For those who want a little bit more but do not want the heft of an SUV, then this Santana GTS wagon is for you.
The 4-cylinder, 16-valve, 1.5L MPI engine with BlueMotion is mated to a 6-speed transmission—a combination that makes more sense than a manual kind. It accelerates just right even under full load, and cruises at highway speeds easily. And while it’s not a high-performance engine, it can hold its own, while remaining frugal in sipping gas.
The classic wagon body design lends a luxurious aura. With roof racks and a panoramic sunroof, the Santana GTS boasts of country elegance that is family-friendly—not pretentious but is instead elegantly subdued.
The front of the Santana wagon features a chrome grille with a blacked out valance panel that emotes a sporty look.
The 185/60 R15 wheels are slightly bigger than the ones in the sedan sibling. It has more rubber to fill the wheel wells. The ride is less bumpy and rigid as more rubber is present to absorb impacts.
The black leather interior is simple but easy to maintain. All pertinent info can be controlled from the steering wheel. There’s also an option to have the iconic Blaupunkt Entertainment system, which features more connectivity and superb sound quality.
Volkswagen Santana GTS 180 MPI AT Specs
- ENGINE: 4-cylinder, 16-Valve, 1.5L MPI with BlueMotion
- TRANSMISSION: 6-Speed automatic
- POWER: 108hp @ 6,000rpm
- TORQUE: 150Nm @ 3,500rpm
- BRAKES: Ventilated disc front, drum rear
- SUSPENSION: Independent MacPherson strut front, composite torsion beam semi-independent rear
- TIRES: 185/60 R15
- SAFETY: Driver/passenger/side airbags, front and rear seatbelts, cruise control, stability control, rear parking sensors, electronic door locks, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX Anchorage points, speed sensing door locks
- DIMENSIONS: 4,382 x 1,706 x 1,489mm
- PRICE: P998,000 (180 MPI AT SE); P1,029,000 (180 MPI AT SE with Blaupunkt)
The Volkswagen Santana GTS 180 MPI AT may seem like it’s for more mature clients, but it actually also appeals to the younger set. The added space of the wagon also attracts young families and weekend adventurers who prefer mobility to size.