TikTok wants users of the app to celebrate knowledge and share their creativity through the brands learning-centric campaign, #TikTokU.
The #TikTokU program, which will launch on May 25, aims to bring learning straight to everyone’s smartphones for users to gain access to practical tips and up-to-date knowledge.
“These days, education is no longer confined to classrooms, and the ways of learning are changing, too. TikTok is giving alternative and accessible ways for the thirsty creative minds of Filipinos open to discovering new ideas. We believe that everybody deserves access to various forms of education. That is why we launch #TikTokU. We hope users will join us in celebrating knowledge and sharing their creativity for the benefits of the wider community,” said John Castro, TikTok User, Community and Operations Manager.
The first round of #TikTokU will kick off on May 25, with a search for creators to add to its roster of teachers and instructors. This first phase will focus on creators of Science and Education, DIY and Life Hacks, and Advice and Motivational content.
Entries will be categorized into four tracks, based on the user’s number of followers, to create fair and equal opportunities for all participants. The four tracks are:
- Senior Scholarship: Open to those with 500k and above followers on TikTok
- Junior Scholarship: Open to those with 100k to 500k followers on TikTok
- Sophomore Scholarship: Open to those with 10k to 100k followers on on TikTok
- Freshman Scholarship: Open to those with under 10k followers on TikTok
Interested to join the #TikTokU Program? Here are the guidelines:
- Entrants must create at least three entries for the campaign.
- Content must be educational and useful, and must fall under the Science and Education, DIY and Life Hacks, or Advice and Motivational themes, with the assigned hashtag/s incorporated.
- The ideal duration and format of videos are 30 seconds and above, shot on a 9:16 vertical screen.
- The campaign is open to all creators aged 18 and above from the Philippines.
- Videos must adhere to the TikTok community guidelines.
- Winners will be selected based on the total video views of all eligible videos they post during the campaign. A candidate-ranking dashboard will be updated regularly to reflect the most viewed creators in each track.
Winners will be announced on June 19 and will receive the following prizes:
- Senior Scholarship (5 winners): P40,000 cash and 1-to-1 support for 3 months
- Junior Scholarship (15 winners): P30,000 cash, and 1-to-1 support for 3 months
- Sophomore Scholarship (30 winners): P20,000 cash, and 3-month upskilling
- Freshman Scholarship (75 winners) – P10,000 cash, and 3-month upskilling