When you’re going on long drives or stuck in traffic in EDSA, how do you cope? Most common answer to this is to tune in to your favorite radio station or play whatever is on your audio player.
Music has always helped drivers and passengers alike to not only stay alert and awake for hours on the road, but to keep their cool and feel comfortable in miserable traffic conditions. Whatever entertainment features your dashboard console has, music will always be an integrated into it through various ways like radio, CD player, and multimedia receivers, among others.
To make your driving experience more enjoyable, whatever the traffic situation or road condition may be, check out the list of our recommended songs to add to your car’s playlist.
When you’re starting to feel irritated with the slow-moving (read: no movement at all) traffic in EDSA or C5, play these songs to turn your mood from grouchy to gleeful.
- “Trndsttr” by Black Coast (feat. M. Maggie) – Lucian Remix
- “Baby Forget It” by REYNA
- “Señorita” by Justin Timberlake
- “Corduroy Dreams” by Rex Orange County
- “Tire Me” by Rage Against The Machine
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen
- “Birds of a Feather, We Rock Together” by VULFPECK (feat. Antwaun Stanley)
- “P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)” by Michael Jackson
- “September” by Earth, Wind & Fire
- “Someone That You Love” by Jarreau Vandan
Road trips, especially long ones, give you time to reflect on your life with these songs on the background. Or, you can simply enjoy the scenery whilst enjoying great music.
- “This Place Unknown” by Big Z, Jack Wilby
- “The Ocean” by Mike Perry (feat. Shy Martin)
- “Belong To You” by Sabrina Claudio (feat. 6LACK)
- “New Town Velocity” by Johnny Marr
- “Minerva” by Deftones
- “Omnesia” by Eraserheads
- “Taking off” by The Cure
- “California” by The Lagoons
- “Exodus” by Bob Marley
- “Fake Happy” by Paramore
Love is in the air
Whether your single and feeling hopeful or with the special someone and having kilig moments, these tracks will add more love and life to the moment.
- “STUCK WITH YOU” by Lunadrina
- “Losing You” by boy pablo
- “Could It Be I’m Falling In Love” by The Spinners
- “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) by Natalie Cole
- “More Today Than Yesterday” by Diana Ross
- “Never Stop” by Over October
- “No Goodbyes” by Dua Lipa
- “How Deep Is Your Love” by Bee Gees
- “I’m Yours” by Jason Mraz
- “Stars” by Simply Red
You can enjoy these playlists and driving on the road more with technology-packed and quality car entertainment devices and accessories.
Pioneer offers a wide range of multimedia, CD, and media receivers for excellent in-car AV performance. The AVH-A5150BT (P26,999) features a 7-inch AV receiver with DVD, USB, ARM+, and Bluetooth connectivity. Meanwhile, the AVH-A205BT (P13,499) comes with a 6.2-inch AV receiver with DVD/Divx, USB, and Bluetooth features.
They also have speakers subwoofers, and amplifiers that can greatly improve your in-car jamming sessions. The TS-WX306B speaker (P6,499) is well-tuned to reproduce powerful rhythmical bass, while the TS-WX130EA subwoofer is perfect for cars with limited space such as hatchbacks and sedans.
What are YOUR go-to songs when driving? Share to us below.