Sibol is PH national esports team for SEA Games 2019
It’s official! The Philippines is represented in the 30th Southeast Asian games’ esports events through a newly created team named Sibol.
Sibol, the Filipino word for “growth,” will compete in all six featured titles in the esports events: Dota 2, Hearthstone, Arena of Valor, StarCraft II, Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, and Tekken 7.
Only the best of the best
August marks the month for qualifying rounds for Sibol. Qualifiers for Dota 2, Hearthstone, and StarCraft II will be held on August 10-11. Mobile Legends: Bang Bang qualifiers will take place from August 14-16, while Arena of Valor and Tekken rounds will gather gamers on August 17-18. Registration for the latter three titles is still open until August 11.
Only the top players from the qualifiers will join the Sibol training pool, where their skills will be put to the test.
Meet the heads of Sibol
In addition to leading teams, the managers and coaches will determine who will be part of the elite team. Here are the coaches and managers for each game:
- Manager: Paulo Sy
- Coach: Paolo “SNDATA” Bago
- Manager: Jess Joaustine “JackDReaper” Tamboboy
- Coach: Mark Ryan “eXoBLaZeR” Rapisura
Arena of Valor
- Manager: Neme Victa
- Coach: Rafael “Cyriux” Albert
Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
- Manager: Leo Andrew “Jab” Escutin
- Coaches: Michelle “Mits” Liwanag and Brian “Panda” Lim
- Manager: Ron “Hot-E” Muyot
- Coach: Djamille “Naturelover” San Juan
- Manager: Richard “Pompi” Castillo
- Coach: Jan Marvin “Chalk” Zaldivar
The training pool will consist of 74 players, which will be trimmed down to 27 Sibol members.