OPPO has a new smartphone in the market: the OPPO A55 5G, which comes with a MediaTek Dimensity 700 chip and a 5,000mAh battery.
Initially available in China, the A55 5G features a 6.5-inch HD+ panel with a waterdrop notch for its 8MP front camera. At the back is a triple camera module consisting of a 13MP main sensor and two 2MP shooters for portraits and macros. Video-wise, this phone shoots 1080p at 30fps.
The Dimensity 700 chip has Cortex-A76 cores running at 2.2GHz and six power-efficient Cortex-A55 units clocking in at 2GHz. In addition to this processor, the phone packs 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. There’s also a microSD card for users who want to expand storage.
Its 5,000mAh battery charges over USB-C. The power button also doubles as a fingerprint scanner.
This phone is priced at CNY 1,599, or around P12,000, making it an affordable 5G device.
OPPO A55 5G specs:
- Android 11 with ColorOS 11.1
- 6.5-inch HD+ display (720 x 1600)
- MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G
- Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB storage with slot for microSD
- Rear camera: 13MP (f/2.2) + 2MP (f/2.4) + 2MP (f/2.4)
- Front camera: 8MP (f/2.0)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS, 3.5mmjack, USB-C, OTG
- 5,000mAh battery
- Black, Blue