Sony shines light on creativity at CES 2019
While other companies announce one new device after another, Sony Corporation takes a different route at its CES 2019 press conference and promotes creativity as it announces its latest line of technology, efforts, and achievements.
The Sony booth at CES 2019 consists of several zones such as “Visual Entertainment,” “Music Entertainment,” “α,” and “PlayStation.” Each zone introduced the latest Sony innovations.
Sony also invited Phil Lord and Chris Miller, producers of the Golden Globe award-winning film Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse, to speak about creativity put into the movie during the press conference, and Grammy award-winning artist Pharrell Williams also spoke about the potential of artistry with Sony’s technology.
Here’s a rundown of the newest technology and efforts from Sony and its entertainment businesses this 2019:
- New BRAVIA MASTER Series Z9G, Sony’s first 8K LCD TVs with Acoustic Multi-Audio featuring 4 speakers located above and below screen for immersion in two huge sizes: 85″ and 98″
- New 4K OLED BRAVIA MASTER Series A9G – thinner than previous models, features Pixel Contrast Booster panel control technology and Alongside Acoustic Surface Audio tech
- Netflix Calibration Mode for these 2019 Sony TV models
- Introduction of the 360 Reality Audio, a new music experience that creates sound fields that immerse listeners with sound from all directions
- The new α cameras including the α9 and α7 series full-frame mirrorless camera, and an array of custom designed mirrorless lenses including G Master ™
- Sony aims to further refine capabilities and features of its mirrorless camera’s five fundamentals (Lens, Image Quality, Speed, Battery life, Compact and Lightweight)
- Sony breaks records selling 91.6 million units of the Sony PlayStation 4 worldwide
- Adding Amazon Alexa to Sony’s wireless noise-canceling headphones
- The introduction of the new PS-LX310BT wireless turntable with Bluetooth connectivity