Google for Philippines spotlights Filipinos’ growth
At the first ever Google for Philippines event, the tech giant unveiled a line of products catered to Pinoys. All of these followed the theme “Para sa bayan, para sa lahat.”
“The internet is creating opportunities for individuals and businesses to connect, learn and grow, which is reflected in the economic growth the country has seen in the last five years,” said Kenneth Lingan, Google Philippines Country Manager. “We believe technology can play a critical role in making this happen. We at Google Philippines are committed to playing our part.Para sa bayan, para sa lahat.”
Here’s a rundown of the exciting announcements from Google for Philippines:
- First, the launch of Google Station, in partnership with Smart. This platform will provide open, free and high-quality WiFi hotspots in high-traffic areas such as airports, malls, and transport stations.
- The Google Go app will help users on the web for the first time discover websites and apps easily. Google Go is specially made for entry-level smartphones with Android GO.
- Since coding days can be such a hassle, Google Maps now features a coding guide which will teach you routes to avoid restricted areas.
- Google Search makes job hunting easier with Jobs on Search. Furthermore, it comes with smart filters, save & share, and alerts as well.
- On the other hand, Google aims to empower women with Digiskarteng Pinay. This YouTube channel features content for improving skills and businesses.
- Similarly, to help small business thrive, Google collaborates with PLDT and DTI to bring Google My Business.