CES 2019: Highlights from the Samsung Showcase
At CES 2019, we get a glimpse of the future as Samsung Electronics shares its vision for Connected Living through AI, IoT, and 5G technologies.
“2019 is Samsung Electronics 50th anniversary, and for the last five decades, we’ve been committed to bringing meaningful innovations to consumers everywhere,” said HS Kim, President and CEO of Consumer Electronics Division, Samsung Electronics. “In 2019, we’re taking things to the next level, and leveraging our industry leadership to make our vision of Connected Living a reality.”
Here’s a lowdown of notable announcements from Samsung’s Connected Living showcase:
- A 5G Samsung smartphone to be released in the first half of 2019
- Bixby will be infused into Samsung devices and innovations
- Expanding partnerships with Uber, Ticketmaster, iHeartRadio, and Google to integrate Bixby.
- QLED 8K TVs with models varying in size including 65”, 75”, 82”, 85”, and its largest yet at 98”
- 2019 Smart TVs with improved AI algorithms, Bixby, and Amazon Echo and Google Home capabilities
- Apple Airplay 2 support plus iTunes Movies and TV Shows for 2019 Samsung Smart TVs and firmware update for 2018 Smart TVs
- Family Hub 2019 with new Bixby and Family Board
- New front load washer with the SuperSpeed feature, a 2019 CES Innovation Award winner
- A re-design of the Notebook 9 Pro now with a metal exterior, reduced bezels and a customized LED Indicator Bar
- The new Notebook Odyssey gaming laptop powered by the new high-end NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 20-series GPU
- A new minimalist, space-saving Samsung Space Monitor with a fully-integrated clamp stand that grips to the desk
- The Digital Cockpit 2019, developed with HARMAN and integrated with Bixby, which allows drivers to connect with and personalize their cars to make driving safer and more enjoyable
- A comprehensive portfolio of solutions that will shape the future of AI devices is in the works
Robotics and Connected Living
- A Connected Living demonstration of its latest developments in robotic platforms including Samsung Bot Care, Samsung Bot Air, Samsung Bot Retail, and Samsung GEMS.