Volkswagen Philippines has set the stage for the local release of the German marque’s globally renowned subcompact SUV, the T-Cross.
Manufactured from Volkswagen’s global hubs in Brazil, China and Germany, the T-Cross has plenty in store for local automotive enthusiasts, from the engineering nitty-gritties to the design details.
From Europe to Africa, this compact SUV has reaped recognitions from reputable automotive award-giving bodies and auto shows:
- 5 stars European New Car Assessment Program (NCAP)
- 5 stars Latin NCAP
- 5 stars Australian NCAP
- Best Compact SUV – BusinessCar Awards 2019 (United Kingdom)
- Compact SUV of the Year – 2020 Continental Tyres Irish Car of the Year (Ireland)
- Best Exterior Volume Brand – Frankfurt Motor Show 2019 (Germany)
- Compact SUV of the Year – UOL Carros 2019 and L’Auto Preferita (Brazil)
- Compact Family Car – 5th annual Cars.co.za Consumer Awards (South Africa)
With global production of the T-Cross in full swing in Volkswagen’s three manufacturing hubs, the subcompact SUV has rolled onto 55 countries as of March 2021, while global sales have shown remarkable increase. From 202,000 units sold in 2019, T-Cross sales enjoyed a 46% growth in 2020, ultimately selling a total of 296,000 units by yearend, despite being a pandemic year with restricted economic activities.
Slated for a launch later this year, the T-Cross is the latest addition to Volkswagen Philippines’ roster of premium vehicles.