One of the most iconic phones of the 2000s has returned, albeit smarter and more cutting-edge.
The new Motorola razr shares some features of its pre-smartphone ancestor, including a flip-open form factor and a pronounced chin. It retains the small external display of the original, but this one has been upgraded to a touch-enabled one so you can respond to messages and control music when the phone is folded.
Flip open the phone and you’ll be greeted by an ultra-wide 6.2-inch plastic OLED panel with a 21:9 aspect ratio. The Android 9 device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor complemented by 6GB RAM and 128GB storage.
Unlike most phones today, the razr comes with a single 16MP rear camera. Its front shooter, meanwhile, is a 5MP f/2.0 camera.
It will be available in the U.S. starting January 2020.
Motorola razr 2019
- 6.2″ foldable pOLED HD 2142 x 876p, 21:9 Cinemavision flex view main display
- 2.7″ gOLED 600 x 800p, 4:3 aspect ratio quick view external display
- Android 9 Pie
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 710
- 6GB RAM/ 128GB storage
- 16MP f/1.7 rear camera
- 5MP f/2.0 front camera
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, NFC, fingerprint reader, USB-C port
- 2510mAh battery with 15W TurboPower charging
- water-resistant nanocoating
- 72 x 172 x 6.9mm (unfolded), 72 x 94 x 14mm (folded); 205g