LG Philippines launched its flagship G6 smartphone at a public unveiling in SM Megamall yesterday, April 18.
The device sports a 5.7-inch QHD+ FullVision display in a body of a 5.2-inch phone, making it easy to hold in one hand. The G6 features Dolby Vision and HDR 10, an 18:9 screen aspect ratio (a first in smartphones), slimmed down bezels, and water- and dust resistance.
Sculpted from aluminum and glass, the G6 has a sleek minimalist design with rounded corners and a flat black (read: no camera bump).
It has rear 13MP dual cameras—one wide (f/2.8 and 125°) and one standard OIS 2.0 (f/1.8 and 71°)—and a 5MP front camera with an expanded 100° field of view so you can fit in more people and scenery into the frame.
The G6 also features Android’s first-ever Square Camera Mode, with a function that can divide the 18:9 screen into two identical squares for simultaneous photo taking, editing, and uploading, as well as creative Instagram shots.
Other features include a 3,300mAh battery, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, fingerprint sensor, and a 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC for those who love their music.
The LG G6 is now available in Astro Black, Ice Platinum, and Mystique White at an SRP of P37,990. From April 17 to 30, you can avail of LG’s pre-order promo and enjoy exclusive freebies worth P8,990 (an LG G6 case and LG Tone Infinitum bundle) as well as a one-year extended warranty.
Here are the full specifications of the LG G6:
- Android 7 Nougat with LGUX 6.0
- 7-inch QHD+ FullVision display @ 2880 x 1440, 565ppi
- 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 quad-core processor; Qualcomm Adreno 530 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, microSD up to 2TB; 4GB RAM
- 13MP f/1.8 and 13MP f/2.4 Wide-angle Rear cameras with Dual LED Flash; 5MP f/2.2 Wide-angle front camera
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS w/ A-GPS, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh Li-Po battery
- 9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm, 163g