Xiaomi is adding yet another smartphone to its popular flagship series. The newest addition, the Mi 9T, features a full screen display, a pop-up camera, and a newer processor.
“We’ve seen an incredible reception for Mi 9’s current flagship series, including Mi 9 and Mi 9 SE. With Mi 9T bringing features like a massive 4000mAh battery and true full screen display, we are demonstrating our philosophy of bringing innovation to every Filipino consumer at honest prices,” said Steven Shi, Head of Southeast Asia, Xiaomi.
In terms of its processor, the Mi 9T comes equipped with the latest Snapdragon 730 mobile platform. The new member of the Mi 9 family offers e-sports-level gaming experience thanks to the new Game Turbo 2.0, which optimizes touch response, display, sound quality, network, and in-game calls.
Elevating the photography experience
On its gorgeous glass back cover, the Mi 9T carries an AI triple camera setup. Its rear camera features a main 48MP camera, 13MP ultra wide-angle lens with a 124.8 degree field of view, and an 8MP telephoto lens. A combination of these 3 lenses cover most settings, delivering an SLR-like photography experience.
In order to achieve true full screen display, the 20MP front shutter now follows a pop-up mechanism for selfies. The elevating front camera is fitted inside a sapphire glass cover.
Compared to the Mi 9, the Mi 9T sports the same 6.39-inch display, minus the notch. Now boasting full screen display, the new iteration hides its front camera within the phone. Without a notch, the AMOLED screened-device delivers an incredible immersive viewing experience. On its four-sided curved glass rear, the device dons a unique flame design.
Bigger Battery, NFC, and more
In contrast to its siblings in the series, the Mi 9T packs a bigger 4000mAh battery that can last through a day of heavy use. Its other features include multi-function NFC for faster payment transactions, 1217SLS speakers for powerful playback, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The Numbers: Xiaomi Mi 9T specs
- Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10
- 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLED Display (1080×2340 pixels, 403 ppi) with 19:5:9 Aspect Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, bezel-less display
- octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver) Qualcomm Snapdragon 730
- Adreno 618
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB internal storage
- Rear camera: 48MP Main Camera (f/1.8 Aperture) + 8MP Telephoto Camera (f/2.4 Aperture) + 13MP Ultra wide-angle Lens (f/2.4 Aperture)
- Front camera: Motorized pop-up 20MP (f/2.2 Aperture)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G EDGE & GPRS Networks
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, A-GPS, USB Type-C, FM Radio
- Fingerprint Sensor, Gyroscope, Compass, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer
- 3300mAh Li-Pro with Quick Charging 4.0, Wireless Charging
- 156.7 x 74.3 x 8.8 mm, 191g
- Carbon black, Red flame, Glacier Blue