Meet YouTube NextUp Manila 2019’s up-and-coming creators
YouTube showcases the diverse talents of Filipino creators in its newest batch of NextUp Manila 2019 winners. The annual contest gives creators a chance to elevate their career on the platform.
Meet this year’s batch of YouTube creators:
- Indie powerhouse Reese Lansangan
- Law student Lex in Motion
- Bicolano poultry farmer Dwight Tamayo
- cycling enthusiast Mark More
- Cebuana corporate employee turned creator Rea Ninja
- talented entertainer Charlotte F.
- men’s beauty guru Kuys Kiko
- long-time celebrity Nadia Montenegro
- student and lifestyle vlogger Raya Maurelle
- fitness enthusiast Aileene
- maritime chief engineer Chief MAKOi
- rising singer-songwriter Caleb Santos
“NextUp continues to grow not just in the number of applicants but also in the level of diversity. Every year, we see more and more creators joining the contest from outside Manila representing various languages, topics, and passion points. This proves that anyone can make it on YouTube,” said Marc Lefkowitz, Head of Creator & Artist Development, YouTube APAC. “We hope that this trend will continue to further signify that YouTube is truly a home for every creator.”
As part of their NextUp journey, the chosen creators will go through a week-long Creator Camp. In the boot camp, they will get a crash course on production techniques and training to further build their channels. NextUp alumni will serve as mentors for the up-and-coming creators.
At the end of the contest, the winners will take home a voucher worth P105,000 to level up their production gear. In addition, they will get guidance and strategic account management from YouTube’s Creator and Artist Development team.
NextUp Manila first launched in 2017. To date, it has some of the country’s successful creators like Renee Dominique, Benedict Cua, Team Lyqa, Hype Streetball, Lesha, Elle Uy, Nate Punzalan, and more.