Marvel has revealed the release dates and titles of its Phase 4 movies in an action-packed three-minute trailer released on Monday, May 3.
The video titled “Marvel Studio Celebrates the Movies” features the legacy of the franchise through iconic scenes from the first three phases of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. With the message, “We are one big family,” the trailer also highlights the importance of fans to the success of the franchise, with footage of the audience’s reaction to the ultimate battle in Avengers: Endgame.
While some of the projects featured in the trailer were revealed previously, Marvel gave viewers their first look at MCU’s highly anticipated movie Eternals. The film is based on the comics of the same name, which talks about a group of godlike beings hiding on Earth. It will bring together stars like Angelina Jolie, Salma Hayek, Gemma Chan, Richard Madden, and Kumail Nanjiani. The Eternals sneak peek features Hayek on a horseback wearing traditional cowgirl clothes, as well as Jolie drawing a sword.
The featurette ended by flashing a blue logo, which, according to Mashable, is a cryptic tease at the MCU’s take on the Fantastic 4.
Here are all the titles and release dates that Marvel announced through the trailer:
- Black Widow: July 2021
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings: September 2021
- Eternals: October 2021
- Spider-Man: No Way Home: December 2021
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: March 2022
- Thor: Love and Thunder: May 2022
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever: July 2022
- The Marvels: November 2022
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania: February 2023
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3: May 2023