This year’s Valentine’s Day is going to look a lot different from last year. A number of us will be spending it at home, away from our dates since we’re practicing stay-at-home measures to be safe amid the pandemic. Like every other activity in our lives, dates in the new normal are going virtual. And thanks to the cornucopia of apps that are available online, staying connected is easier than ever.
Looking for ways to make your lockdowned date still as special? Don’t let physical distance get in the way of having a great night at home. Here are a few virtual dates you can go on right from the comfort of your homes:
- Watch cheesy flicks together. Grab your laptop, some popcorn, and pick a movie. Call your date up and binge on the cheesiest romance movies on Netflix. You can choose to watch together through Teleparty and video chat through your favorite messaging apps, or you can do both in one platform like Discord or Zoom. Get ready to feel all the kilig vibes watching To All the Boys: Always and Forever on Netflix.
- Have a fancy Zoom dinner. Surprise your special someone by ordering a nice dinner for them through FoodPanda, Grab, or LalaFood. Start a video chat and pretend like you’re dining together IRL. For a more romantic dinner, send them a thoughtful gift like a care package or flowers.
- Get gaming. Keep your date interesting by playing games. If you both have consoles or a PC for gaming, the better! Meet up virtually and let your characters go on dates through games like Animal Crossing: New Horizons or Stardew Valley. You can also play mobile games like Mobile Legends: Bang Bang and Call of Duty: Mobile to make your night more fun. And if you’re spending Valentine’s Day with your buds, don’t let anyone feel left out and play Jackbox’s slate of party games you can download from Steam.
- Learn something new together. Spend Valentine’s Day learning something new! Try taking a MasterClass together on cooking and test out what you’ve learned by making dinner yourselves. If you’re both into trying out painting, you can take virtual classes from Sip and Gogh. This online class will include a complete painting kit so you and your date can have a fun, artsy night.
- Play PowerPoint quizzes. Impress your partner with your knowledge of your relationship through a fun trivia game! And while you’re at it, you can flex your PowerPoint-making skills through this fun date idea. If you’re a fairly new couple, you can try making the questions all about each other so you can get to know your partner better.