Six months after the release of the nova 7 SE, Huawei has announced its successor: the nova 8 SE. The new midranger comes with 64MP quad cameras, a 6.53-inch OLED display, 5G support, and 66W fast charging.
From the back, the nova 8 SE looks a lot like the iPhone 12 with its flat frames and square camera bump. In front, the device sports a 6.53-inchFHD+ OLED display with a waterdrop notch housing the 16MP front camera.
The rear camera setup is composed of a 64MP main camera, an 8MP ultrawide unit, 2MP macro shooter, and 2MP depth sensor.
The nova 8 SE comes in two variants: a standard version powered by a Dimensity 720 chip and a High Edition with a Dimensity 800U processor. Both are paired with 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, 5G support and EMUI 10.1 based on Android 10.
Although its 3,800mAh battery is quite small, this phone fills up easily with support for 66W fast charging. According to Huawei, it can charge from zero to 60% in 15 minutes and reach 100% in another 20 minutes.
The Huawei nova 8 SE comes in four colors: Black, Deep Blue, Blue, and Silver, and is initially available in China for CNY 2,599 (~P19,000) for the Standard Edition and CNY 2,699 (~P20,000) for the High Edition.
Huawei nova 8 SE specs
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.1
- 6.53-inch (1080 x 2400) OLED display
- MediaTek Dimensity 720 5G (standard model) / MediaTek Dimensity 800U 5G (premium model)
- Mali-G57 MC3 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB storage
- Rear camera: 64MP (f/1.9) + 8MP (f/2.4) + 2MP (f/2.4) + 2MP (f/2.4)
- Front camera: 16MP (f/2.0)
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, USB-C, OTG
- 3,800mAh battery with 66W fast charging
- Black, Deep Blue, Blue, Silver