Grab has launched the GrabPay Card in the Philippines, a digital-first prepaid card powered by Mastercard. Aside from providing secure and hassle-free online payments, GrabPay Card features an expanded rewards ecosystem to bring the convenience of cashless payments to more Filipinos.
The introduction of the GrabPay Card in the Philippines supports Grab’s direction to promote safer payments by doubling down on cashless services that help curb the spread of the virus.
The card comes with a digital version that gives the user complete control via the Grab app. It is a culmination of Grab’s ongoing partnership with Mastercard that aims to bring financial inclusion to the millions of underbanked and unbanked in Southeast Asia.
Digital GrabPay Card features
- Pay for everything online. The GrabPay digital card expands Grab’s online merchant ecosystem. It allows users—regardless of whether they have a bank account—to transact securely and easily online at nearly 53 million merchants worldwide that accept Mastercard.
- Safe and secure cashless payments. As a digital-first card, the card details are stored securely within the Grab app. It has an in-app card lock function enabled by Face ID and fingerprint biometric security, and PIN-protection that allow users to instantly suspend payments in case of lost cards or suspicious transactions.
- More ways to earn GrabRewards. Users can earn GrabRewards points for transactions made in millions of merchant-partners that accept Mastercard.
- Unique benefits for users. Users get Mobile protection insurance allowing them to pay for mobile postpaid phone bills using the digital card. They also receive protection against accidental damage or theft. The card also comes equipped with e-commerce protection that allows users to receive coverage for failed online transactions. This is in the case when they got the wrong and/or defective item, or there’s incomplete or non-delivery of the item.
How to activate your GrabPay Card
Regulated by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), GrabPay is a mobile wallet that can be used to transact within and outside the Grab app safely and securely. With a 24/7 fraud detection engine, users are assured that their personal information and payment transactions remain encrypted and protected. To use the GrabPay Card, simply upgrade the GrabPay wallet by following the in-app verification process.
- Tap ‘Payment’ icon at the bottom of your Grab homescreen.
- Ensure you have activated and upgraded your GrabPay Wallet.
- Tap ‘Get your GrabPay Card now’ to access your card details.
- Enter your PIN to secure your card.
- Start using your digital GrabPay Card details for your online transactions.
With social distancing and less physical interaction becoming the new normal, users with the GrabPay Card can easily adapt by having a smarter and safer way for cashless transactions both here and abroad. For more information, visit grb.to/grabpaycardph.