Last year’s CES saw an impressive Google booth dedicated to the Google Assistant. At CES 2019, Google is demanding even more attention with its three times bigger Google Assistant Playground.
The Google Assistant Playground’s interactive theme park ride explores the various ways the Assistant can be used in different scenarios in everyday life with different applications and services, whenever and wherever.
While the ride’s only available at CES 2019, Google is generous enough to share this 360° video of the ride for us who are stuck at home.
Beyond the interactive ride, Google shared the new things that will be coming to Google Assistant this 2019. Here’s everything Google has announced so far at CES:
- The Assistant will be in 1 billion devices including smartphones, smart speakers and appliances by the end of January
- The Google Assistant Connect – a platform for device manufacturers to bring the Assistant into their products in an easy and affordable way
- A Google-Lenovo collaboration to bring a new Smart Clock with a 4-inch touchscreen that shows alarm suggestions based on daily routines
- Whirlpool’s new 10-inch, water resistant KitchenAid Smart Display to be powered by the Assistant
- The Assistant to come to Sonos One and Sonos Beam speakers
- The Assistant’s integration into entertainment devices like TVs from Samsung, DISH’s Hopper family of receivers, and Android TV devices including Sony, Hisense, Philips, TCL, Skyworth, Xiaomi, Haier, Changhong and JVC
- More smart home appliances to be infused with the Assistant
- A new Philips Hue feature that controls lights in the bedroom to simulate the sunrise 30 minutes before the alarm goes off
- The Assistant to support Google Maps (on Android and iOS) in assisting sharing ETAs, replying to messages, playing music and podcasts, searching for places along routes and more
- Their collaboration with Anker and JBL to build the Assistant into car accessories like the Anker Roav Bolt and JBL Link Drive
- The Assistant can now be used for checking into flights and booking hotel rooms.
- Google Pixel phones can now use the Assistant even when the phone is locked.
- New Interpreter Mode that translates dozens of languages and gives real-time spoken and (on Smart Displays) written translations