First look: Leagoo S9 with specs, pricing, and availability
While popular smartphone brands battle it out on the flagship and and midrange arenas, Leagoo wants to dominate the affordable segment crowd with the Leagoo S9.
First unveiled at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2018, the S9 features a 5.85-inch 2.5D curved IPS screen with 19:9 screen aspect ratio and 1512 x 720 HD+ screen resolution. You also can’t miss the notch at the top part of the screen. At the back is a 3D glass-like acrylic cover.
The Leagoo S9 comes powered by a 1.5GHz 64-bit octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor, paired with Mali-T860 MP2 GPU. This smartphone also boasts 4GB RAM and 32GB internal storage, which is expandable via microSD. It runs Android 8.1 with Leagoo OS 4.0 skin out of the box.
Leagoo slaps a dual camera system–a 13MP f/2.2 Sony sensor and a 2MP depth camera–at the back of the S9. In front is an 8MP f/2.0 snapper.
For all day power, the S9 has a 3300mAh battery with Pump Express fast charging technology. Leagoo claims that this phone charges up to 40 percent of power in 30 minutes using the 5V/2A USB wall charger included in the package.
The S9 also sports a fingerprint scanner at the back and face unlock technology for security. It also has dual SIM slots and allows Wi-Fi b/g/n and 4G LTE Cat 6 connectivity.
Here are the full specs of the Leagoo S9:
- Android 8.1 Oreo with LEagoo OS 4.0
- 5.85″ 2.5D curved IPS screen with HD+ 1512 x 720 resolution at 287ppi
- 1.5GHz 64-bit octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor
- Mali-T860 MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage; microSD up to 128GB
- 13MP f/2.2 Sony sensor + 2MP w/ AF and LED flash rear camera
- 8MP f/2.0 front camera
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, 4G LTE Cat 6, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, dual SIM (hybrid)
- 3300mAh LiPo with Pump Express fast charging technology
- 146 x 72 x 8.5mm, 174g