It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas at SM Supermalls. Different SM malls all over the metro jumped into the holiday spirit, unveiling themed installations and huge Christmas trees. Whether you’re looking for a winter wonderland or Santa’s workshop, here’s what you can expect from a Christmas at SM.
A taste of snow
At SM City North EDSA, guests are treated to a magical winter wonderland. And in the middle of it stands a 45-foot Snowflake Christmas Tree.
In addition, there are activities teasing the upcoming release of Disney’s Frozen 2. Kids and families have the opportunity to meet and greet Elsa and Anna on November 29, 30, and December 1 at The Block Atrium.
Other activities at SM City North EDSA include the following:
- A Magical Science Show on November 10 and December 14
- Santa Meet and Greet on December 8, 15, 22 to 25
- Christmas Carols by the National University Chorale on December 15 at The Block
- Firework Shows on November 8, December 6, 13, 20, and 27 at the Skygarden.
Shimmering lights from Santa’s Crystal Castle
SM Megamall has opened the doors to Santa’s Crystal Castle at the Mega Fashion Hall. The showcase features a 40-foot Christmas tree inspired by the bright streetlights of London.
In partnership with Canon Philippines, SM Megamall’s Christmas centerpiece houses the first-ever interactive Crystal Room adorned with over a thousand fairy lights.
To make the celebration even more special, the mall has these activities in store:
- Thomas and Friends Holiday performance at the Mega A Event Center from December 2 to 12
- Lego Christmas from December 16 to 26
Christmas in Festive Splendor
Renowned for its unique Christmas displays, SM Aura Premier celebrates the season with a Chinoiserie-inspired display and two interactive art and light exhibits. Sitting in the mall’s Main Atrium is a 33-foot tree donning golden eventails, opulent feathers, and a resplendent phoenix.
Taking inspiration from the phoenix, SM Aura Premier partnered with Huawei Mobile Philippines for its two interactive light displays. First of these displays is an immersive Christmas tree, while the other showcases a Flight of Lights.
Holiday activities guests must keep their eyes peeled for include:
- A harp exhibit by HarpRoom on November 22 to 24 at the main entrance
- Chorale performances on December 1 and 8
- Letters to Santa Workshop on December 6 and 7
- Santa’s Meet and Greet on December 24 and 25
The biggest and brightest Christmas spectacle
SM Mall of Asia makes itself a home for the holidays as it opens an abundance of activities for the whole family.
A huge 60-foot Christmas tree at the Central Atrium sparkles and shines at this mall. The fun doesn’t stop there as SM MOA has these activities in store:
- first-ever state-of-the-art Indoor Music and Lights Show happening every day starting November 7 to December 31
- Meet and Greet Santa Claus and his MOA Magical Friends from the North Pole every Saturday and Sunday
- MOA Royal Marching Band
- Grand Festival of Lights Parade happening all Saturdays starting November 30 until December 25 at the North & South Arcades
- Christmas Forest of Lights Show at the Central Park
Furthermore, the big screen at the Main Mall Drop Off lets you give a huge shout out and Christmas greetings for your family. Just post your seasons greetings with the hashtag #MOAYourHomefortheHolidays to spread the Christmas spirit at SM.
For updates on the activities of the different SM Supermalls, visit www.smsupermalls.com.