Cebu Pacific’s GetGo breached, credit card info safe
Last April 24, Cebu Pacific’s rewards platform, GetGo, was compromised, causing it to shut down temporarily. The airline company confirmed on April 26 that the server is now secure and that no credit card information was accessed during the breach.
The reward platform’s members can now resume using the following functionalities:
- Member log-in to www.cebupacificair.com and the CEB Mobile App
- Manage bookings via the Cebu Pacific website (www.cebupacificair.com)
- Earn points for flights booked
- Check-in for flights
While those features are up and running, the following channels and functionalities remain disabled:
- The GetGo website (getgo.com.ph)
- GetGo Mobile App
- Points redemption
- Password reset for GetGo and for the Cebu Pacific Mobile App and Web
Currently, the company is working with the National Privacy Commission on the investigation.