Canon offers creative control with top-of-the-range EOS M5
Canon has recently launched the latest addition to its EOS M mirrorless interchangeable lens lineup of cameras: the new EOS M5.
As the premium flagship model in Canon’s EOS M range, the EOS M5 boasts several firsts for the camera line. It is a great camera choice for discerning users who desire a mirrorless camera that delivers superior image quality with the versatility of interchangeable lenses.
The key technologies of the EOS M5 include the Dual Pixel CMOS AF, adapted from the EOS DSLR range, DIGIC 7 image processor, high-resolution electronic viewfinder, and in-camera RAW conversion.
“Canon introduced its first mirrorless camera in 2012. After four years of extensive research and development by our devoted team, we have created the newest, most advanced member of the EOS M series, the EOS M5. With Canon’s latest innovation, we aim to set the bar higher in mirrorless photography as it gains popularity today,” said Vinchy Sanchez, Director for Consumer Group of Canon Marketing Philippines, Inc.
“The EOS M5 is designed to have a sleek and lightweight body that ensures portability, but still delivers the same high image quality Canon promises. It’s the perfect camera for on-the-go photography enthusiasts and professionals,” Sanchez added.
The Canon EOS M5 is already available at Canon stores and distributors for:
P60,498 body only
P66,498 for with EF-M 15-45mm
P82,998 for with EF-M 18-150mm
Here are the complete product specifications and features of the Canon EOS M5 mirrorless camera:
- Image sensor: 24.2 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- Imaging processor: DIGIC 7
- Focal plane AF: Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Max frame rate: 9.0fps (AF fixed), 7.0fps (AF tracking)
- Max standard ISO speed: ISO 25,600
- Monitor: 3.2-inch tilting touch panel LCD, approx. 1.62 million dots
- Movie: Full HD 60 fps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth
- EVF: Approx. 2.36 million dots
- Dimensions: Approx. 115.6 x 89.2 x 60.6mm
- Weight: Approx. 427g
EF-M18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM
- Focal length: 18-150mm
- Maximum aperture: f/3.5 – 6.3
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.25m (at 18mm), 0.45m (at 150mm)
- Maximum magnification: 0.31x
- Filter size: 55mm
- Aperture blades: 7
- Length: 86.5mm
- Weight: Approx. 300g