It’s not just flagship devices that are getting the Android 10 upgrade. More Nokia phones including the Nokia 6.1 Plus, Nokia 7 Plus, and Nokia 6.1 will join the Nokia 8.1 with the Andorid 10 rollout.
The three phones mentioned are part of the Android One program, which promises three years of guaranteed monthly security updates and two years of OS upgrades. Android 10 serves as the second OS update under the program.
Android 10 hosts new features for smartphone users, including the following:
- Gesture Navigation – lets users control their Nokia smartphone with faster, more intuitive controls.
- Smart Reply – gives smarter responses in messages through wording and actions suggestions.
- Privacy Controls – keeps personal data all in one place and controls when location is shared with apps.
- Focus Mode – blocks out distracting apps to allow users to concentrate.
- Family Link – part of Digital Wellbeing settings, this helps parents set digital ground rules for the whole family.
The Android 10 update rolled out for compatible devices last September 2019 with features such as Dark Theme, Incognito mode for Google Maps, and more.
Visit www.nokia.com to check out more Nokia smartphones.