GCash has recently announced that users will be charged for bank transfers done through the app beginning October 1. Fees, which can reach up to P50 per transaction, will vary depending on the bank or EMI.
Earlier in the year, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas urged banks to waive transfer fees as the lockdowns began to be implemented. Now, fees for digital banking platforms will resume.
According to GCash, users who will make transfers using the InstaPay network will be charged P15 per transaction. However, users who link their BPI or UnionBank accounts to their GCash app won’t pay the fees.
To link your BPI or UnionBank account, follow these steps:
- Open the GCash app and log in
- Tap on the menu on the upper left of the screen > select My Linked Accounts.
- Select the platform of your choice and input your BPI or UnionBank username and password.
Services free of charge:
- Cash in via linked BPI and UnionBank account
- Cash in via remittance (Moneygram, WU)
- Send Money via Express Send
- Send Money via Ang Pao
- Request Money
Services with fees
- Bank transfers: P15 per transaction starting Oct. 1, 2020
- Cash in via Over-The-Counter: 2% fee if user exceeds monthly free limit of P8,000
- Cash out via Over-The-Counter: 2% withdrawal fee
- Cash out via ATM: P20
Find out other fees you may encounter in GCash here.